Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Zen Buddha

 I did this when I first moved from New Jersey to Florida to fill an empty wall above my couch.   I paired the white acrylic paint with the chalkboard paint for their differences in texture.  The chalkboard paint is flat (chalky) while the acrylic is slightly glossy.   


Siddhārtha Gautama ( Siddhattha Gotama) was a spiritual teacher from ancient India who founded Buddhism.

I do not practice Buddhism but I am very interested in religions in general.  I am a huge believer in Karma.

 The Sanskrit word Karma (or kamma in Pali) literally means action. In Buddhism however, karma mainly refers to one's intention or motivation while doing an action.  You get what you give.. what goes around comes around.  Do onto others as you would like others to have done onto to you.
 
Details:
Medium: White acrylic paint & Black chalkboard paint on Stretched, Gallery Wrapped Canvas
Size: approximately 3'x3' 
Artist signed and dated
Purchase it Here


Interested in learning more about Buddhism and Karma?  
I recommend the following books:

No comments: